No products in the basket.
The Scholar HD is an exceptionally high resolution 3-in-1 camera that is compact, lightweight and works with the Readit software. It enables instant access to printed documents converting them to large print & text-to-speech output.Ideally suited to any visually impaired or blind business or education computer user, who wants near instant, easy and accurate access to printed documents both at close up (up to A3 in size) and uniquely at distance.
Just plug the lightweight camera into your PC or laptop and it instantly translates any printed text into crystal clear speech. Letters, receipts, bank statements, text-books, novels, product packaging etc. are all read with ease. It’s also a crystal clear HD video magnifier running at a smooth 60 fps. You can pick the camera up and point it in the distance or at yourself and with 21x optical zoom and advanced image stabilisation it enables you to see further than a person with 20:20 vision!
- Compact with a folded size of just 28 x 17 x 4.5cm (11 x 6.7 x 1.8 inches)
- Set up for document capturing, the camera is just 36 cm tall (14.2 inches).
- It is 300 grams lighter thank the Scholar at just 1.2 kg (2.6 lbs).
- 720p (1280×720 resolution) up to 60 fps via single USB 2.0 connection (Core i3 processor required for 60 fps live view at full resolution).
- Automatic switching between close-up and distance viewing modes as the camera head is lifted.
- Open base design means it’s easy to handwrite and read in the traditional video magnifier way, without the base getting in the way of the paper or book.
- 16MP sensor with A3 capture area down to 6pt text – this is 8x the resolution of the nearest competitor in the market that has a usable live image view.
- Zoomed in, 4pt text can be captured and read with 100% accuracy.
- 21x Optical zoom (larger than any other camera)
- The camera is optically and digitally stabilised (a first for our industry) meaning the Scholar HD is far less prone to shake and wobble than any other product on the market.
- The combination of the 16 MP sensor, 21x optical zoom, optical and digital stabilisation means it can perform OCR at distance (for whiteboards and projectors) further away than a human with 20:20 vision can see – this is a unique feature again.
- Full whiteboard and projector screen capture for easy navigation with trackpad / mouse, removes the need for the end user to constantly track around the board by holding and repositioning the camera, even if OCR is not possible (on pictures or non computer based text).
- Powered via 1 USB 2.0 port. No separate battery to worry about charging.
- Adjustable length, integrated USB cable – again this is unique.
- Includes magnetic positioning guide with three positions: Storage, A4 (Letter), A3 (11 x 17) for easy positioning of documents for blind and well as low vision users.
- Includes headphones and laptop rucksack with easily enough space for user’s laptop, charger, books and Readit Scholar HD.