The Reading Pen TS Oxford is designed to help readers of all ages and abilities improve their English Reading Skills. This device is totally portable and reads words and definitions aloud giving the user the independence to read on their own. This pen comes with a stylus and a touch screen so as well as being able to scan words in you can also enter them directly onto the pen’s screen.
As well as reading words aloud and defining them using the Oxford Dictionary, the Reading Pen TS now has line scanning capability so you capture thousands of lines of text and later upload them to a PC.
Reading Pen TS Features:
- Scans single words or full lines of text
- Displays selected word in large font to enable easier, clearer viewing.
- Displays definitions of the scanned text on the LCD screen
- Reads the scanned text aloud in a British accent, including its definitions, with Text-to-Speech (TTS) technology using built-in speaker or earphones.
- Spells out scanned words, highlighting individual letters.
- Recognises over 240,000 words from the Concise Oxford Dictionary of English,
- Direct look-up of idioms/phrases.
- Identification of inflected words and display of their corresponding entries.
- History option enabling retrieval of the last 80 reviewed words.
- Recognition of a wide range of printed font types and sizes (6-22 points, up to 8mm), including inverted text on contrasting backgrounds (except red on white, white on red, blue on black and black on blue).
- Recognition and automatic merging of hyphenated text.
- Two display modes: Toggle between abridged and complete definition display.
- Easy to use buttons and straightforward menus.
- Right/left handed support.
- Auto shut-off feature to preserve battery life.
Scan and Store:
The Reading Pen TS makes digital note taking easier than using a standard highlighter!
Roll the Reading Pen TS across printed text* to instantly recognize and store more than 500 pages of text, or scan directly to any Windows based application. Use the new on-screen, touch keyboard to edit or add text of your own. Scans and recognizes English, French, German, Spanish and Portuguese. View stored information on the integrated LCD display and easily transfer data to any PC via standard USB.
*InfoScan TS scans and recognizes printed text in a wide range of, font types and point sizes (6-22 points up to 8mm) and in a variety of colors on contrasting backgrounds (except red on white, white on red, blue on black and black on blue). Does not recognize handwriting, cursive fonts, mathematical symbols or other profession specific signs.