No products in the basket.
Includes 10 ExamPens and packaged into a custom built hard carry case.
The Exam Pen has been approved by The Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ)* for use in exams. Students who have reading difficulties such as dyslexia can independently take exams, knowing that they can read and understand the questions. You can find out more about using assistive technology in exams by following this link to the Joint Council for Qualifications Examination Instructions.
- Displays scanned words on the screen.
- Speaks aloud the word or line of text.
- Headphones provide discreet audio to the student, whilst not disturbing other students.
- No dictionary or storage function.
- Students can be seated in the main exam hall as they are not disturbing other students.
- Human readers are no longer required to assist students.
- Battery operated so unlike a computer reader there are no cables running across the exam hall.
- Small it is easy to store in a secure place and transport between exam halls.
- Brightly coloured in orange making it obvious to invigilators that this is an approved device.
- The ability to read independently gives the student a sense of confidence.
“The arrangement ‘Read Aloud’ would also include the use of an examination reading pen. A permitted examination reading pen will not have an in-built dictionary or thesaurus, or a data storage facility. An approved application for a computer reader would also allow the use of an examination reading pen.”
- 10x Pen
- 1x Custom built hard carry case.
- 10x Earphones
- User Manual
- 10x 2 AAA 1.5V batteries
- 10x Clip-on scanning trainer