MathTalk and Scientific Notebook is a bolt-on to Dragon NaturallySpeaking speech recognition software. It allows students and adults to do arithmetic using their voice. It is a great piece of software to create, edit and typeset mathematic and scientific equations. MathTalk allows the user to voice any math from prealgebra, algebra, trig, calculus, statistics, and even voicing graphs!
Suitable for anyone who may have a physical disability or have problems focusing on a task such as those with ADHD.
The software also allows the user to translate mathematics to Braille in Duxbury Braille Translator.
Software requirements for MathTalk/ScientificNotebook:
- MathTalk (vast library of voice commands)
- /ScientificNotebook (the math processor in which the math is created)
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12 or 13 (any version)/Dragon Professional Individual (DPI) 14 or 15.
- Works on a Mac using Bootcamp/Parallels to create a PC environment.
- Plenty of learning/training materials MathTalk included, as well as many script examples in the MathTalk Manual (PDF),
which is divided into 3 sections
- Tutorial (1 section for each pre-algebra, algebra, trig, calculus, statistics
- Help Documents
- Further reference materials include:
- Additional benefits from using MathTalk (beyond completion of the ‘math’ task)
- Incentive for a slow learner.
- Bright/bored student can show more interest.
- Helps the user ‘formulate thoughts’ BEFORE speaking.
- Helps the user focus.
- The printed work is legible.
- Can email work as .rtf to teacher…which can therefore be opened in MS Word.
This is a digital download product. You will be sent an email within 2 working days which contains your activation key and download link.