MathTalk and Scientific Notebook is a bolt-on to Dragon NaturallySpeaking speech recognition software. It allows students and adults to do arithmetic using their voice. It is a great piece of software to create, edit and typeset mathematic and scientific equations. MathTalk allows the user to voice any math from prealgebra, algebra, trig, calculus, statistics, and even voicing graphs!
Suitable for anyone who may have a physical disability or have problems focusing on a task such as those with ADHD.
The software also allows the user to translate mathematics to Braille in Duxbury Braille Translator.
- Works on a Mac using Bootcamp/Parallels to create a PC environment.
- Plenty of learning/training materials MathTalk included, as well as many script examples in the MathTalk Manual (PDF),
which is divided into 3 sections
- Tutorial (1 section for each pre-algebra, algebra, trig, calculus, statistics
- Help Documents
- Further reference materials include:
- Additional benefits from using MathTalk (beyond completion of the ‘math’ task)
- Incentive for a slow learner.
- Bright/bored student can show more interest.
- Helps the user ‘formulate thoughts’ BEFORE speaking.
- Helps the user focus.
- The printed work is legible.
- Can email work as .rtf to teacher…which can therefore be opened in MS Word.
MathTalk™ System Requirements:
- CPU: 2.2 GHz Intel® dual core or equivalent AMD processor.
- Processor Cache: 512 KB.
- RAM: Minimum 4 GB (* MVC recommends)
- 32-bit: 2 GB for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and Windows Server 2012.
- Free hard disk space: 4GB for Dragon NaturallySpeaking (DNS) 13.
- Free hard disk space: 8GB for Dragon Professional Individual (DPI) 15.
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 8 and 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit Editions)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer v.6 or higher (free download from www.microsoft.com)
- CD-ROM installation
- Internet connection is required for activation
This is a digital download product. You will be sent an email within 2 working days which contains your activation key and download link.