LASS is a multifunctional assessment system designed to highlight differences between actual and expected literacy levels. LASS is adaptive, so assessments are as brief as practicable without losing their accuracy. It is available in two versions: for ages 8-11, and for 11-15.
- Visual memory
- Auditory-verbal memory
- Phonic reading skills
- Phonological processing ability
- Single word reading
- Sentence reading
Age range: 8-16 Years
Suitable for: Teachers, Assessment Co-ordinators and SENCOs
Test duration: 45 minutes
Test format: Digital
LASS is easy to administer as students require only minimum supervision. It helps identify students with dyslexia, as well as:
- assessing attainment in reading and spelling
- measuring discrepancies between actual and expected literacy attainment
- identifying underlying problems in memory or phonological skills
- monitoring development in reading and spelling on a regular basis
- evaluating progress in memory, phonological and phonic skills
- estimating the student’s intelligence
- assessing reasoning
Reports give percentiles, standard scores and age equivalents (including reading and spelling ages). Results show children’s strengths and weaknesses in comparison with national norms. Use of a standardised graphical profile makes it easy to spot students who are underperforming.
Any difficulties of a dyslexic nature or caused by underlying cognitive problems in phonology and/or memory can be quickly identified. Assessment can be carried out on a regular basis to monitor progress.
Please get in touch for pricing and more information with our sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org