A student portal tailored specifically for individuals.
Aspire supports students with disabilities and long-term conditions to achieve their full potential throughout their academic journey and beyond into the workplace. Content can be tailored for each student, taking into account disability, academic course, preferred learning style, location and recommended assistive technology.
The Aspire platform can be accessed 24/7 on any device and the support available is designed to create more independence and less reliance on 1-2-1 support across four key pillars:
- Study Skills
- Assistive Technology
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Career Related Learning
Aspire assists in the development of critical study skills to respond to the academic requirements of a student’s chosen course.
- Effective strategies and resources to support delivery of presentations and working in group scenarios.
- Ability to guide and prioritise the most suitable resources for each student based upon their preferred learning style.
- Built-in Harvard, Oxford and Vancouver style reference generators assist with academic writing.
- Blended learning strategies combine assistive technologies with study skills, for example, engaging mind mapping software to enhance essay techniques.
- Interactive content which adapts through student use enabling personalised recommendations that target specific needs and maximise learning potential
Assistive Technologies & Software
Aspire can help with the use of recommended assistive technology and software systems to maximise students’ learning potential and outcomes.
- Reduces the potential for knowledge loss over time as the videos are available for unlimited reviews thus creating a great follow on from assistive technology training.
- Videos play in sequential order to enable a seamless learning experience for students.
- All AT training videos are produced by leading software manufacturers.
- Catalogue of short succinct videos with editable captioning and clear voice descriptions relating to study tasks that the student may need to use their software for.
- Users only see relevant content based on their selections during set-up, avoiding confusion around other technology not relevant to themselves.
Mental Health & Wellbeing
Aspire helps management and maintenance of positive mental health and wellbeing strategies throughout their student journey, which evidence shows is critical to student attainment.
- Interactive tools provide tailored institutional information such as events and signposting.
- Information on additional local support networks, such as GPs, dentists, local parks, self-help groups and a useful interactive stress test.
- Transition advice and guidance for students settling into their studies to reduce anxiety and manage stress.
- Self-help and condition management resources designed to maximise student’s potential to positively maintain their mental health and wellbeing.
- Safe space for students to explore their concerns and get advice and further sign posting on mental health and wellbeing issues.
Aspire helps in gaining relevant career related learning opportunities and employability skills as they progress along their student journey towards graduation to maximise their graduate outcome potential.
- Video catalogue demonstrating interview techniques and examples of scenarios such as one-to-one or group interviews.
- Disability disclosure advice with tips on how or when to disclose, including video interviews of positive success stories to encourage students as they transition into the workplace.
- CV building tool.
- Tips for creating well written and successful applications along with engaging presentations.
- Social media clean-up advice to ensure a positive impression for any potential employers.
Please Note: This product is a portal only product. Devices sold separately.