In the UK, there are over 11 million people with an impairment, disability or limiting long term illness. Many individuals have hidden disabilities, as an example, dyslexia impacts 1 in 10 people. It is also estimated that 1 in 4 people will experience a mental health problem each year.
We want to help businesses benefit from creating inclusive and accessible strategies that can help disabled individuals in their work, attract new talent and can also improve accessibility for all. We want to take away the apprehension business professionals may feel in knowing how best to approach creating a disability friendly culture.
“Enabling Inclusive and Accessible Workplace Strategies” will be a conference providing HR, Customer Services Professionals and Business Managers with guidance on how to make a Disability Confident workplace, what provisions are available to support disabled employees and thereby how to promote corporate social responsibility. Consider how your organisation can remove physical, cultural and digital accessibility barriers that will also generate improvements for external stakeholders and customers.
Our Fantastic Speakers
- Martyn Sibley, Disability Horizons – Overcoming Barriers to Create Inclusive and Accessible Strategies for Businesses
- Jane Hatton, EvenBreak – Diversity Talent Acquisition, broaden the Opportunities to reach your Future Employee Stars
- Lizanne Visagie, Nationwide – Delivering Effective Workplace Adjustments for Disabled Staff
- Steven Mifsud, Direct Access – An Action Plan for Accessible Workplace Environments for all
- Mark Woodward, Senior Consultant, iansyst Ltd – Supporting individuals through Coaching Strategies and Assistive Technology
Our speakers will be covering topics such as: Disability awareness, Workplace accessibility, Diversity Recruitment approaches, Workplace Adjustments and developing strategies that help both staff and customers. Through our experienced speakers, we hope businesses in Cambridge and beyond can build on their existing workplace practices to support disabled people.
Registration is FREE and includes entry to all seminars, lunch and refreshments and a CPD Ceritficate.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01223 420 101.Book Your Place Here!