No products in the basket.
Clicker Connect enables young learners and struggling writers to take their first steps to independent writing by using words and phrases to build coherent text.
Clicker Connect is the latest addition to Crick Software’s Clicker Apps family, and is the perfect next step from the widely-acclaimed Clicker Sentences app.”The app is a triumph because it is based on a simple idea that scaffolds independent writing skills…it kick-starts the writing process, helps children to be creative and gives them a clear sense of achievement.”
– Teach Primary Magazine review”…a truly remarkable app to utilize to help teach the writing process. I have been using this with some of my special learners and they are showing great progress and pride with their writing skills! Highly recommended!”
– The Appy Ladies “A fantastic app that bridges the gap between the excellent Clicker Sentences and Clicker Docs”
– Ros Henshaw, Literacy Consultant “This app is a brilliant progression from Clicker Sentences and enables teachers to colour-code parts of speech. Another excellent app from Crick.”
– Gilly Shankland, Specialist Teacher for Physical Impairment “A must-have for your Assistive Technology toolkit -amazing writing & picture supports for the iPad”
– Brian S Friedlander Ph.D, AssistiveTek, LLC DEVELOP INDEPENDENT WRITING SKILLS Pupils choose from clusters of words, phrases and pictures to produce their own writing. As each sentence is completed, it is spoken aloud, helping learners to review and correct what they have written. Learners can listen to words and phrases in the grid before using them, to help them choose how they want to convey their ideas. USE ANY TEXTSet up a sequence of grids for your pupils in seconds, arranging words and phrases into clusters as you go.
Plus, get free ready-made Connect Sets from our LearningGrids site, which is fully accessible from within the app!
WRITE WITH PICTURES
For additional support, add a picture to any cell in your grid – over 2,500 searchable curriculum pictures are included, and you can use your own from your photo library or snap them straight in with the iPad camera. As you write, each picture goes into the document too, helping pupils to read back what they have written.
DIFFERENTIATE SUPPORT ACCORDING TO NEED
Clicker Connect provides an extensive range of support options to suit pupils of all abilities:
– Colour-code words or phrases to emphasise sentence structure
– Use Guided Order to ensure pupils work from left to right
– Use pictures to help identify words
– Enlarge cells for extra clarity
– Use the child-friendly keyboard in addition to the grids to extend writing.
ENJOY WRITING SUCCESS
The child-friendly Sassoon font included in the app makes Clicker documents look great on screen and on paper.
Print your work to any Air print-compatible printer, or share it via email, AirDrop, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive or WebDAV. As they experience success, pupils begin to discover the pleasure of independent writing!
ACCESSIBLE FOR ALL
To make access easier for those with physical challenges, the unique Super Keys option makes words easy to target. Tap anywhere within a word cluster to enlarge it, and then tap the word you want.
The keyboard works in the same way, with the keys grouped into just six large clusters that fill the keyboard area when expanded.
PART OF CRICK SOFTWARE’S CLICKER FAMILY Based in the UK and US, Crick Software has a worldwide reputation for quality educational software for pupils of all abilities.
Clicker Connect is part of a growing family of Clicker Apps – find out more by searching for Crick Software in the App Store.